Thursday 19 January 2017

Splitting the Bill - The Taboo of our age!

Been wanting to write a post about this waaaaaaay before i turned Vegan....

I feel its a bit of a taboo in this day and age, a bit like asking for money back that you've lent someone. Or anything surrounding money!

I'm a really straight up kinda girl. I don't believe in letting the elephant in the room grow!

Just like if i lend someone money. When i need it back. I'll ask, but i know so many people who wont. They'll just wait for the other person to offer it back. I recently lent a really good friend some money, and when i felt i could do with it back; i asked. I also said if she couldn't pay me back at that point it was totally cool, and by totally cool i meant it, if she didn't have it at that point, i would have waited. But as Mama Ward taught me, don't ask don't get!!

For instance there's always something going on at work, someones birthday or someone leaving and in the office culture we have, we tend to get the whole team to put in some money. But some people aren't very good at paying up. This Christmas i got the presents for our manager and i asked everyone for the money, only a fiver, until i got it. But i know other people have been in charge of getting a birthday present and because they only asked once, didn't get the money from some people in the team. Now its too awkward for them to ask for the money back.

And that's not fair.

As for splitting the bill, its always annoyed me. If I'm with a few best friends and we all have the same to eat and drink. Split that bill, totally cool.
But when i go out to work with work or a bigger group its a different situation.
If i go out to eat and I need to watch my money, I'll only have a soft drink and a main. And when others at the table are buying bottles of wine and starters and extras. It would make my part of the bill sometimes double what i was planning....trust me if I could afford it I'd be getting starters and all the good stuff!!
But i have specifically chosen the cheap option cos its all i can afford. Me, i'm happy to say i cant afford it, but for some people its a hard thing to say.
Now I've turned Vegan i don't want to split the bill for not only the previous reason, but now for the reason that i don't want to be paying for other peoples meat or dairy. 

This world is supply and demand i totally get that, so i will use the coins i have to demand the things i want.

I urge vegans everywhere, use your money to demand some change!


And i urge everyone to say no to splitting the bill if you don't think its fair!


As always



Keep it positive

Nessa

Instagram : @endless_night07

Twitter:  @endless_night07
Pinterest: endlessnight7




Snapchat @endless_night7

No comments:

Post a Comment