Friday 20 January 2017

Fit-Ness - The Intro

Its almost my 29th Birthday as i write this....and for the last few years I've been guilty of being one of those, "lets start doing something about my body" every new year! (or usually after my birthday seen as its so close to the holiday period)

I don't do diets....i hate the word...the word alone makes me want to go and eat a whole packet of bourbons!! I know i am no good with harsh restrictions, so i don't do it to myself! 

But i know my way of eating (both pre-gan and Vegan) haven't been the best. Better than i ever used to eat, but that's easy when everything i used to eat was beige, not counting the ketchup!!

When i turned vegan i thought (naively so) that this would be the end of me being over weight (or obese to quote the doctors!) I thought it would force me to eat well...and I guess it forces me to eat better. but as i said in the previous sentence, most Bourbons are VEGAN!! and they are NOT healthy!

I'm coming up to my first anniversary of being Vegan, and as i look back on the last year, I'm ok with what i was eating, there's a LOT of amazing vegan food out there, and being in London, i have eaten out a lot. and not a lot of that was ever healthy. But as i came to realise in my vegan journey, the animal and environmental side of it became a lot more important to me as i went on. I have learnt that i eat a lot of processed food, but i am making that a smaller part of the food i consume.

Just before Christmas i started back at the gym, I've always been on for the gym or Zumba or something, but back last year, i was struggling with pain in my ankle and then i went traveling for a little bit, and that all resulted in me becoming lazy.
I have fixed the problem with my ankles now (who knew a simple heel insert would be the difference between absolute agony and sure comfort!?!)
So back to the gym i went, with the help of a friend, we started going together, we both need each others motivation at the minute and i am truly grateful for her!!

I have been eating well....well better, and keeping a diary which has been helping me be more conscious of what i'm eating (and that's a lot of the battle) and what better way of keeping me on track than to announce it to the internet so you guys can hold me accountable. Lets be clear, until i like fruit, I will never be as fit as i could be, because even if i get my main meals 100% spot on, my sweet snacks will always be terrible, but there will be less of them! So if you see me (or catch me on Instagram) having a biscuit or Ice-cream. Don't go in too hard on me!

So That being said, welcome to Fit-Ness, the name for my fitness Journey Blog, I will try to do updates often on where i'm at with training, my weight and my food. 

My goals:

  • to be fit (being able to run for a good distance without wanting to pass-out!)
  • To be strong! I would love to be able to squat my own body weight by the end of the year!
  • To be happy in my own body! (Not interested in being skinny, I want to be curvy and less jiggly than i am currently!)
As always

Keep it Positive

Nessa

Instagram: endless_night07
Twitter: Endless_Night07
Pinterest: endlessnight7
Snapchat: endless_night7

No comments:

Post a Comment