Friday 6 January 2017

One Bowl Vegan Chilli

Hey Peeps!!


This weekend i decided to embark on a massive cooking fest!! Since the holiday month I've been pretty slack at cooking big batches of food to freeze. Relying on rice packets and kohinoor curry packets (which by the way, if you haven't tried these, they're an amazing alternative to a take away, half the cost and half the calories, I'll pop a post up about them soon)


Anyway i digress.


I ended up making what I'm calling a one bowl chilli. Meaning i don't need to put any rice with it as it's packed full of goodness which should keep me full!!


I got the original recipe from Jamie Oliver and as with most of my cooking, i added extras, because i can!!


The ingredients in black are as per Jamie's recipe, the ones in grey are my own addition or tweek.





3 Small Onions
1 Tablespoon of Garlic Powder
1 Teaspoon Chipotle Paste
2 Tablespoons Coconut Oil
2 Tablespoons ground cumin
2 Tablespoons ground coriander
2 Tablespoons smoked paprika
½  Teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 Tablespoons tomato purée
500g Tried Green Lentils
2 x 400 g Tins of red kidney beans
1 x 400 g Tins of black beans
4 x 400 g Tins of chopped tomatoes (Extra’s as i’d added so many beans!)
1 litre Home Made Vegetable Stock
400g Frozen Peas
150g Frozen Sweetcorn
50g Frozen Broad Beans




As a total (rough guesstimate) the total pot came to 4535 calories.
I managed to get 11 portions out of it. You could get more if you wanted to have a side of rice or tortillas with it.
So that came to 412 calories per portion, which with a 30g serving of some Gary (Vegan cheese) comes to a well balanced lunch or dinner.


Enjoy cooking (promise I'll get better at taking pictures of my food!!)


Keep It Positive

Nessa

No comments:

Post a Comment