Friday 16 October 2015

Salted Caramel for the win!!

Another set of Birthday Cupcakes had been requested by my friend at work....so of course i said yes! (New recipe, yes please!)


Consulted my Cupcake book....



and settled on the recipe in there. Though it said to add coffee essence, and i knew the girl i was baking them for isn't a massive coffee fan, so i tweaked it slightly and left it out.

6oz Plain Flour
1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Salt
3 1/2 oz Caster Sugar
3 3/4 oz Soft Dark Brown Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
3 Medium Eggs
125ml Milk


I decided on brown muffin cases for the base. Filled them half way and popped them in the oven. They rose to about 3/4's full which i was expecting. 



I then used Dr Oetker's cupcake center in salted caramel which i had gotten in my goodie bag from The Cake and Bake Show the week before (see previous post) 




Then lavished them in vanilla buttercream with just enough salted caramel left to drizzle on top.




I was SUPER happy with how they turned out!





I shall be making more new things soon....got an amazing idea up my sleeve, just need a reason to make them.

Mondays a good enough reason, right?!?

Keep it positive

Nessa

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment