Thursday 15 October 2015

Blue Birthday Cupcakes

My friend asked me to make her blue cupcakes for her birthday....

And of course i said yes!!

She loved my Halloween Cupcakes so she'd asked for vanilla cupcakes with blue frosting! Easy!! Hmmm....

I wasn't too happy with how they turned out.... (being too hard on myself maybe!!)



I had visions of baby blue and white swirls...i soon realised i was never going to make cream butter (proper butter) white! And what do you get when you add blue to almost yellow?? Green!! You get green!!

But i carried on i used the same recipe as the Halloween cupcakes (see previous post) as she loved the taste of them so much...

So off i went with 12 blue sparkly cupcakes to work (i met her after work for dinner with her family)



They were taunting me all day! "We're not good enough" i could hear them say. Everyone at work said they looked amazing.

I'd used a new muffin tray to bake them in and i was worried they were under done...

Met her and her family at the restaurant and they asked me where I'd bought them from!! Bought!! I was so happy!! Her boyfriend said i should open a shop (how does he know my dreams?!)

After dinner her sister and uncle had room for desert so they grabbed a cupcake....

I waited with baited breath as they peeled back the wrapper (had a sneaky look (^_-) and they were perfectly plump inside!!)

 "Phew!"

The both took a bite and savored it before telling me, after which felt like an age, now i know how the bake off contestants feel!! I got huge thumbs up from both of them!! Yay!!


Birthday Cupcake Win!!



More to come

Keep it Positive

Nessa
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment