Sunday 11 October 2015

Cake and Bake Show - London Excel

About a month ago my friend told me about this Cake and Bake show, The Money Saving Expert people were giving away some tickets for free.

So I grabbed a pair for the Sunday of the event, just like they said, totally free. Invited Mama Ward down and we had a girly weekend doing all things bake related.

My mum LOVEs baking, she's all about taste and less about presentation. My bag are Cupcakes, I LOVE them.

I love making them, but I agree not only should they look amazing (so good you almost don't want to eat them) they should taste amazing too.

I've dabbled in baking all of my life, my favourite childhood past time is licking the bowel and spoon out after baking! But I want to get into it, maybe even make some money from it.

I have a baking cupboard, living in a shared house doesn't provide me with much more space than that. But I knew there were a few things missing from my collection that would take my baking to the next level. 

You should have seen my face when we walked into the Cake and Bake show!!! Like a kid in a sweet shop! Here's a look at my haul!



As we walked in they offered us a Program with Class Time Table and a goodie bag....Well they had me at goodie bag, so for £5 we got one.

The goodie bag was awesome! I got a Sample of Dr Oetker Cupcake Centres, Salted Caramel Flavour. a sample of Ariel 3 in 1, some Menier Chocolate and Nestle Carnation Chocolate Filling and Topping. All of which I shall be using soon!

There were stalls and stalls of baking goodies, if I had my own house or shop for that matter I would have bought everything!!

The second stop we made was at the Bake Club Stand, and it being the last day of the show, lots of the stalls had some amazing deals.
I managed to get 2 silicone bake sets for £15!! They should be that each on the website! Even at £15 each, totally worth it!
Bake Club Shop

 
 
The Icing set is my fave, I've needed some bigger nozzles for a while now, and In the set I got 5 medium and 5 large, so my cupcakes are gonna be awesome!!

There was so much to look at, lots of stalls selling gadgets for the kitchen, so hard not to buy everything, there a few things I wish I'd got but didn't, but I would have spent a fortune if I'd got everything!

I did purchase a cheese mill, which seems to be awesome for grating everything!

Mama Ward got me a subscription (as an early Christmas present) to Baking Heaven and Cake Decoration Heaven, Food Heaven Magazines, to which I also got a free tote bag and the Official Bake off Cook Book!

I shall be updating everything I make on here from now on, and I'll no doubt be mentioning all the awesome things I got at the Cake and Bake Show.

Here's the website for the Show its self: The Cake and Bake Show
There are ones in Manchester and Edinburgh coming up!

Cant wait to share more of my baking with you.

Keep it Positive

Nessa

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment