Saturday 10 October 2015

Halloween - Cupcakes

Post to follow about my AMAZING time at the Cake and Bake show (apologies again for not keeping up with this, promise to be better)

So as the title suggests, I made Halloween cupcakes.

 
Trying to bake more often these days, have a gander at my Instagram for quick updates. @Endless_Night07
 
So here's how I did it!!
 
they are Orange and Black Vanilla Flavour Cupcakes with Buttercream Frosting also coloured Orange and Black.
 
 
Makes 12 Cupcakes:
 
140g Softened Butter
140g golden Caster Sugar
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
3 Medium Eggs
140g Self-Raising Flour
 
 
Cream butter and sugar together, gradually add the eggs and beat until light and fluffy. Sift in the flour and fold with a spatula.
 
I then halved the mixture and coloured 1 orange and 1 black. I use Wilton Gel colours, they are the BEST colours out there, they have just come out with a new colour system which allows you to mix colours together to create other colours. That may be my next baking purchase!
 
I then added the mixture to the cases black on the bottom and orange on the top.
 

 
Cooked on 180 for about 15 minutes, until they spring back when i pressed on them.
 
Woo they rose more than I was expecting! 


I let them cool while I was making the frosting! (My fave bit!!)

So I got a new gadget (post about this to come) the Wilton Colour Swirl System! How to easily pipe upto 3 colours!!

I LOVE THIS THING!!!


So as I was only using 2 colours I didn't fill the 3rd space. then you just pipe as normal. and Hey Presto!!

Perfect duel Colour Piping!!
Then I added Sprinkles (cupcakes aren't complete without SPRINKLES!!!) I should have used more, but...there's always next time!


I was really happy with how the duel colours turned out!!


 
Let me know what you all think!!
 
Keep it Positive
 
Nessa
 
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment