Wednesday 20 May 2015

Week One - Level Easy

Week One - Level Easy


So Last week I posted about receiving my Protein Shake and my other supplements that I was going to start taking. I just wanted to chat about the lifestyle change that I’m trying to embed within my life. This has been a struggle of mine for a long time now, and I know there’s a lot of people out there that will tell me that there’s nothing “wrong” with me. You’d be right, there isn’t anything “wrong” with me. But I don’t feel comfortable in my own skin right now, and it’s stopping me from doing certain things, only little things, but things none the less.

 
I don’t need to lose a lot of weight in the grand scheme of things, but if I carried on as I have… I could quite easily become of those people on a Channel 5 program being winched out of their bedrooms because they’re too big to get about. (it’s only my love for Zumba twice a week that I wasn’t putting on weight too fast)
 
With me its more about fitness, I would LOVE to be super fit, for it to be my party trick as it were (yeah I’m well aware that some of those people get call douche bags behind their backs) but I want to be happy with myself more than anything else.
 
So as you may have seen in my other post, I’ve just started taking some supplements (all of them found in normal foods, none of these crazy fat burning tablets you hear people exploding from!)
I have also been eating clean (well a ton cleaner than I ever have before)


 
A friend of mine lost around 8st last year (amazing right?!?!) by following slimming world, everyone’s so proud of her! And I’m so jealous (still love her though, tell her all the time) that she had the will power to do it…..so now it’s my turn!! #ICanDoThis
We went Glamping (Glamourous Camping for those of you who didn’t know) last year and she taught me some of the principles behind Slimming world. I’ve never been one for following a diet, I’ve always just wanted to eat well. I used to be such a fussy eater, and I hated it! Made me feel so immature, but now I’’ll pretty much eat most things. I thought Id’ give it ago.


So about 6 months about I started slimming world, I had the books, and my friend was doing my weigh in for me (via Whatsapp) and I lost like 6lb in 2 weeks…..cos that’s how long it lasted. Though you can eat soooooooo much! My brain wasn’t in the right place to only have a little chocolate bar, I still wanted the whole bag! So needless to say, it didn’t last and I put most of it back on.

But this time feels different, I’m following 99% of the Slimming world principles (which to be fair, are just healthy eating principles) so lots of veg with my meals, brown everything, pasta, rice etc (which I did anyway) Lean meats (I cannot stand fat on meat anywho) But where with slimming world you are restricted with things like Avocado and Hummus (come on girls, who doesn’t love a tub of hummus and pitta!!), I’m having hummus on a weekend with chicken and carrots as my "Cheat Meal".


For example, I went out on Friday night with some friend, only for a quiet drink, which you know always turns into getting the night bus (I am lucky to live in London) and stumbling home at 5am. I had gone to Tesco on my lunch break and bought some 2 minute microwave rice. As I know I am always starving after a few drinks, and I didn't want to ruin all my hard work with a McDonald's. So when I got in, I ate the rice! BEST THING EVER!!
 

So the key to my success..... PREPERATION!!! Sundays are usually my prep day. I figure out my breakfast lunch and dinner for the week ahead. then I go shopping for it....simple right?!?

It is....but I have learnt with myself that if I give my self a choice of what to eat... I'll pick something really bad.

Going into the second week now with a 5lb loss and feeling great. But this is where I usually fail... So be prepared! That is what I am going to be!

Keep it positive

Nessa 

No comments:

Post a Comment