Sunday 15 May 2016

Japlanning - So it Happened!! - First Update

As i type this i am currently sat in my second hostel of the trip, in Kyoto....


A little over a year ago i started thinking about the money i had in my savings account and what i wanted to do with it, i dont want a car in London so my next natural thought was, why not go traveling, at 28 i`m a little old to be starting....if you go by the whole "gap year thing" but you`re never too old to start anything!! Mental note to myself, please remember this!!

Being me, i procrastinated about it for months, and months till one morning i woke up at home in Yorkshire (I was back for easter to see my mum and Northern friends!) and i just booked the flights, done, dusted. that was it, no going back....  

Dont get me wrong, i wasn't scared of coming here, i wasn't scared of the flight, i wasn't scared of being on my own for 3 weeks, i can take all that in my stride. But I was terrified of spending this nice cushion of money i had saved and saved.... i was terrified of not having any savings after my trip! But the more i thought about it, the more i realised that i would miss out on so much if i sat on this money, as my Dad always said, you can't take it with you when you die!

So once i booked the flights, i had to figure out where i was going, i knew i wanted to go to Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka and Hiroshima and somewhere in there i wanted to go on a Bullet train!

Simple plan but it worked!!

So i booked 5 hostels, one in each place i visit. I`m hitting Tokyo twice, once on the way in and once on the way out.

I`ll do another post with my itinerary once i`ve completed my trip and where i actually visited...but so far 8 days into my trip, i`ve seen everything i wanted, and more!!

For now this is me saying, if you want it, go for it!! Life is too short, many of us have learned this the hard way, so if it makes you happy do it, dont worry about what anyone else thinks, or says, this is your life! and you are big enough and strong enough to go do anything if you put your mind to it!!

Keep it Positive

Nessa
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment