Friday 20 May 2016

Going on Holiday on Your Credit Card....

*WARNING*

This may offend some people....so if you feel you may be offended, you have two choices, read it and be offended, this after all is my opinion, not yours, and i am not forcing my opinion on you in any way, i am just stating it; or don't read it so you wont be offended...

In my opinion, people need to be offended more, it's totally ok to have a different opinion to someone else!!

Right on with the blog in hand.....

While writing this i am sat in my 5th Hostel after an amazing dinner in Hiroshima, Japan.

I have saved for this trip for years, also helped massively by the sale of my old car when i moved to London from the north!

I am not the kind of person who lives on their credit card, i mean, sure i use it, i use it monthly, but at the end of every month it gets paid off, i don't have a greatly paid job and i live in London so i know how hard it is to manage all the things in life i want to do vs how much money i have.

I was brought up with 2 parents who until i was in my late teens had never had a credit card, couldn't get one (unlike these days) so i was brought up to live within my means, and to this day it is still a thing my mum likes to throw at me every so often.

So i am struggling to see how people live totally outside of their means 11 out of 12 months a year. Sure unexpected things happen, but i always thought that's what savings were for?! I mean this trip has taken almost every last bit if savings I have so i know when i go home i'm probably going to have to miss out on a few nights out, a dinner here and there to start getting some money behind me again, for those unexpected things.

When i get home within a week i'll be heading off to Download Festival (woooo!!!), but that's been paid off for months and the spending money already planned within next months pay packet. Is it just me that forward plans??

I know so many people with overdrafts not paid off, from uni or just life in general, and they live inside them, until payday, when they're back in the black, then as soon as that's done, back into their overdraft.

But my bug bare is people going on holidays, or trips of a life time on borrowed money, sure i'm all for not being able to take it with you when you die, don't have savings and never spend them, but i don't want to live my life on someone else's money....just me??

Sure i wanna go on holiday all the time, who wouldn't, My friends have already asked me to plan a trip to Poland or Iceland this October, and i so want to go!!! but I've had to say that i'll need to check my funds once i'm back from Japan and Download Festival.

In my eyes...Cant afford it, don't go. Simple!!

Again, all my own opinion.

Keep it positive

Nessa
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment